Thursday, October 2, 2008

Late Late Late

9/21
So today was our off day. We basically just hung out for most of the day. I woke up ubber early and went running for the first time of my stay here in Senegal. I went up to the track that we were at yesterday and ran about three miles. It was very muggy and i was drenched by the end of my run. but it was nice. I put on this stick bug repellent which seems to work quite well, but seems to warm up while it son a slight bit. So by the time i was done with my run my legs felt like they were on fire. I think i ran the three in about 19/20min or so and then jogged back to the training center afterwards. There was guys there training for soccer when i got there at about 7am. I think i might do the same today and then do some laundry if ive got the time.
Were heading back to our villages tomorrow for 10 days so im not sure if ill have a lot of time to do stuff tomorrow so ill have to ration my time. I think we'll be learning about planting gardens and that type of thing which will be nice again. We were told to dress for getting dirty. So hopefully we'll be doing something fun!
I pretty much sat around for most of the day trying to sleep. This was after i showered and ate breakfast. I took a few pictures from around the compound which i hadnt done yet. i got a good one of myself and the peace corps sign, yay for tripods! I also got one in the garden where we did our demo the other day. Like i said i tried to sleep for pretty much the whole day so i really didnt end up doing anything till after lunch when i went into thies to try and upload some of my pictures, which ended in complete failure. ah well ill have to try when im back after the homestay.
We got to play a little ultimate frizbee when i got back to the compound, everyone was already over at the stade playing so i changed and ran over there to get in on the action. it was fun, but evidently you need a permit to use the fields there. Not like we'll be using them for a while anyway as were gone for almost three weeks now. After our village visits, were off to the PCV's sites so we'll be able to use our languages legitimately.

No comments: